My Week in Review (2017-04-16)
First week of the
The Stats of The Furious
- Enjoyable visualisation of the Fast and Furious franchise
I’m Sick of Injustice Dressed as Inconvenience
- A response to the responses of the assault on a customer of United
United Airlines made me ABANDON my mobility device at the gate before my honeymoon
- Another horrific tale of United customer service
Australian Authorities Hacked Computers in the US
- The murky waters of international law seems painful to work with, I can’t see any way to guarantee an operation would only target people within a country
Free Furry of The Land: When SovCits and Furries Collide
- Lawyers investigation of a sovereign citizen fued and furries
New Technology Is Built on a ‘Stack.’ Is That the Best Way to Understand Everything Else, Too?
- I didn’t realise this was a thing
Princeton’s Ad-Blocking Superweapon May Put an End to the Ad-Blocking Arms Race
- Interesting idea since another article (opting out - below) had a picture of an ad. Would that image get blocked?
Your Government’s Hacking Tools Are Not Safe
- The need for more open policies on hacking (touches on the golden key issue with FBI vs Apple)
Our Dishonest President
- Delves on Donald Trump as a president
The iPad Turnaround Is Coming
- Could the iPad turn-around as a device?
What Individuals Should Do Now That Congress Has Obliterated the FCC’s Privacy Protections
- Guidelines for anyone to follow after the FCC privacy protections are gone
How Much My Digital Nomad Lifestyle Costs: Real Budget Numbers from Nearly 5 Years on the Road
- Overview of one nomads real budget when travelling
Leveling up your code reviews
- Advice for doing better code reviews
How to crawl a quarter billion webpages in 40 hours
- Writing and scaling a simple crawler on AWS
Does More Than One Monitor Improve Productivity?
- Trying to find a balance using a desktop monitor for myself
Security Advisory: Mobile Phones
- Another article on the security of mobile phones (if you haven’t already, you should be using 2FA with an application and not SMS)
Opting Out: The Illusion
- Attempting to opt-out of tracking for advertising
The Science of Sleep: Regulating Emotions and the Twenty-four Hour Mind
- Another article on sleep and their effects
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Elon Musk: Inventing the Future
The Man In The High Castle
- The show will suck you in until the end
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- I feel like Marvel is doing an amazing job in the TV show space, making some of my favourite recent shows
Ask me on